Ever since I got home from my mission, I have heard about something called "The Shred". I knew it was a workout video, and I have always been anti-workout videos, and so I never thought about it. Well....my roomies did it one night, and my attitude changed.
It. Was. Amazing.
The best 20 minute workout I had seen in a LONG time. So, I splurged. I went to WalMart....and spent a whopping $9 on Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred. Ladies and Gentlemen....if you want a good workout, more like if you want to feel like you will never walk again.....Buy it. I love it.
It really is amazing. I started it with my friend Kathryn Ririe (who is the BEST)....and I will never turn back. It. Rocks. And it is great for people like me who are so dang busy you don't have time to breathe. 20 minutes is all it takes.
So, Go Ahead....Join the club...spend $9, and sacrifice 20 minutes each day, and get shredded, I dare ya!
I look forward to the results. 20 lbs in 30 days....not likely, but hey, it is a chance I am willing to take.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
I love this lady. She is the best mom I could've ever asked for. I know it is a day early, but here is a post dedicated to the best mom in the whole wide world. Sorry everyone else, but you guys are missing out! :)
I love my mom for so many reasons. I don't know where to begin.
1. She has taught me the importance of always relying on the Lord
2. She has great faith no matter what is going on
3. She has taught me to believe in myself, and never underestimate what I can become
4. She is so patient
5. She always talks highly of everyone
6. She is so quick to serve no matter how much she already has on her plate.
7. She is funny.....like REALLY funny!
8. I always have so much fun hanging out with her....whether it is driving 16 hours together on the way to school, or driving to sonic for a drink during happy hour.
9. She takes advantage of every teaching moment.
10. She is one of my best friends.
11. She is so selfless and always thinks about us kids before herself.
12. She gives great counsel and advice when I need it.
13. She has an amazing ability to lead with love
14. She has taught me the importance of hard work and always doing my best
15. She is so optimistic
16. Growing up, I can probably count on one hand how many athletic events she wasn't able to be at because of other kids' activities....that is a TON that she was at!! Like thousands.
17. She is quick to laugh and not stress
18. She has instilled in me a love for attending the temple regularly
19. She cares about all the little things going on in life....like whether or not my apartment has cute decorations at college.
20. pretty much....she is the BEST mom ever. I love her so much!
The list could go on and on and on.
I know if I become even half the mom that she was to me....I will be in good shape. I love you mom! Because of your example, I never have to worry about being a mom myself, because I know I will always have you by my side to help me out and teach me the ropes!
I am SO blessed.
LOVE YA MOMMA!
p.s. stayed tuned....next month you get to hear all about my dad!